Monday, March 2, 2009

Wasting away again in margaritaville...


Jimmy Buffett is on tour. Jimmy Buffett ladies and gentleman. I went to his show last year and it is not like anything you have ever seen before. It is more than a concert. It is a weekend of mayhem. The parking lot is full of RV's and trailers. People are walking around, not only drinking, but drinking heavily. Many drinking games are played. My personal favorite, "Drinko" (like the Price is Right game "Plinko"). The police are absent. It's as if they just look the other way for the weekend. I wouldn't even call myself a huge fan particularly. I like some of his music, it's pretty good. But the concert is not what you go for. You go for the experience. It is like one giant family of drunken, stoned hippies, just looking for a good time and some cool tunes. I encourage anyone who has been to "Margaritaville" to join in on this momentous occasion. It is something everyone should experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment