Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Spring Break 2009


Spring Break is stereotyped by students attempting to improve the human gene pool by engaging in dangerous behavior. This year, I actually had two choices for my spring break activities. A beach house in Port Aransas, TX or a villa in Palm Springs, CA. Either would be filled with a week of raging with friends. I chose to fly to Palm Springs to experience California. I have never been there before so I am stoked to wake up, play a round of golf, and hit the pool in the afternoon. However, it seems that this year, the typical Cancun vacation is being highly frowned upon. The U.S. State Department and universities around the country are warning college students headed for Mexico for some spring-break partying of a surge in drug-related murder and mayhem south of the border.Mexico's drug cartels are waging a bloody fight among themselves for smuggling routes and against government forces, carrying out massacres and dumping beheaded bodies in the streets. It's crazy down south. I'm just glad I will be on the west coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment