Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Southern Millionaire's University $$

It's crazy how much of a "bubble" SMU is in. I transferred to SMU last spring from the University of North Texas. UNT is very different. A LOT less money, A LOT less materialism. Don't get me wrong, I love SMU and I am very glad I transferred here. It just seems that when I go outside of the Highland Park, University Park area, I feel more like a "normal" person. Maybe it is because of the considerable amounts of wealth that surround SMU that I am just not used to. I was on campus the other day and I saw an Aston Martin with a student parking pass. Wow. I hope to someday be able to make a good enough living to afford a nice car, much less, drive a $150,000 car during college. I mean, where do you move up from an Aston Martin? Because of the money that surrounds this campus, I am constantly inspired to do well in life.

I found this definition of SMU on urbandictionary.com. I found it quite humorous.
SMU
Where going to class is a formal affair and you can never reware an outfit. Guys sport Lacoste polo’s with their Sevens jeans and girls pop their collars underneath their sorority t-shirts. Where rainbows, northface jackets and uggs are a staple for summer and winter weather. Where getting in the right Frat or Sorority house defines who you are for the next 3 years. Nobody cares what you drive, so long as it’s a BMW or a Range Rover. Tailgating is a sport and watching football is a break between the pre-partying and the after party. No worries, we aren’t sore losers we’ll drink our weight in Alcohol whether we win or lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment