Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I am a sucker for crap on TV


As I flip the channels, looking for something to spark my interest, I come across shows like Flava of Love, The Real World, Maury, Bromance, The Hills, Laguna Beach-pretty much anything on MTV or VH1. However, for some reason I stop flipping and watch. I know these shows have no intelligent value whatsoever, but I continue to watch them. Why? I often ask myself how these shows even made it past a boardroom. Who comes up this stuff? We always talk about "crap on TV." But these shows are lower than crap--they are the bottom of the bottom, the low of the low. If I wanted to watch crappy shows, I'd watch Family Guy or Scrubs. But I find myself watching the worst TV has to offer. I don't know why. If anything, the people featured on these programs are a constant reminder to get an education.

No comments:

Post a Comment