Tuesday, December 15, 2009

socially responsible



These ads always scare me a little bit. I think they do a good job walking the line between over the top and just right. They make me never want to smoke so I guess they are doing what they are intended to do. I also think that that they fact that there is different versions- very raw and sarcastic and funny. They appeal to all audiences.

Crispin Porter & Bogusky, Arnold, Miami and Boston



This ad is one of about 5 that promote awareness of child abuse. They aren't as raw as the puppet one shown in class but still leave you in shock. It gives you facts that you didn't know correlated with child abuse.

Leo Burnett, Sydney



I was watching television the other day and I came across this commercial. Heineken's "Let a Stranger Drive You Home" is absolutely hilarious to me and is relatable. Being a college student that flocks to Greenville Ave. Thursday, Friday and Saturday's, a cab is usually needed. And after a few drinks, a scene much like the one in this commercial, usually erupts. I love the headline too, I think it depicts the negatively connotated word "stranger" and turns it in to a fun loving character. Plus Biz Markie's "Just a Friend" is just awesome in itself.

Weiden + Kennedy, Portland

No comments:

Post a Comment